Here are five picture books that your students (and you) will love.
5. The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers
*What happens when Duncan wants to color, but his crayons have quit?
4. The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes by Gary Rubinstein and Mark Pett
*Beatrice NEVER makes mistakes... until now. Her first mistake! How will she deal with it? A great book for those students who do not do well when they make a mistake.
3. Creepy Carrots! by Aaron Reynolds and Peter Brown
*Jasper Rabbit loves carrots. He eats them all of the time. But... have the carrots started following him??
2. Dear Deer by Gene Barretta
*A fun homophone book that will get kids thinking about language and the meaning of words.
1. That Is Not a Good Idea! by Mo Willems
*A hilarious cautionary tale!
I personally really enjoy all of these books and I'm looking forward to reading them to my students in the first week. Who doesn't enjoy a funny book?
Have you read any of these? What are your favorite new(er) picture books?