During my Thanksgiving break I decided I should also take a break from my computer. From Wednesday morning through Sunday night I didn’t check my blog or write any new posts (though one posted on Thursday that I wrote Tuesday night). So imagine my surprise to log on today to find that Jayme from Trendy in Third nominated me for a Liebster Award!!
Now, if you’re like me, you might be asking what a Liebster award is. After doing a little research I found out that it is given to new bloggers with 200 followers or less. There are also a few rules:
Rule 1: Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- I have a dog named Boomer.
- I’ve been married for 2 years.
- I love my job!
- I’m originally from Oregon.
- I ran my first marathon this past July.
- I think I will run another marathon next July.
- I have my teaching license in three different states.
- My first year teaching I was only three years older than a few of my seniors.
- I wish I was more creative.
- I love the outdoors.
- I love spicy food.
Rule 2: Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
1) What grade do you currently teach? Have you taught any other grades?
I currently am a K-8 Reading Specialist, but I used to teach 9-12 English/Language Arts.
2) What is your favorite thing about teaching? Least favorite?
I love working with students! It is amazing to see how much they grow (intellectually) in a year! I don’t know if I have a least favorite part… when I taught high school English the grading could be a little grueling at times, but nothing is too bad.
3) If your school was donated $25,000, what would you want your principal to purchase?
Oh boy! I would probably like a few classroom sets of ipads with some money left over for purchasing apps. If I thought longer, though, I might have a different answer.
4) What is your favorite TV show?
Breaking Bad… and just a reminder that I am an English teacher NOT a Chemistry teacher :)
5) If you could go back in time, what era would you choose to visit?
I would love to go back to the 1920s.
6) What is your school mascot?
7) How many kids are in your class?
I do reading interventions so I work with students in groups of 1-5, but I work with about 50-60 students overall.
8) What is your current obsession?
Teachers Pay Teachers
9) What is your idea of relaxing after a crazy day of teaching?
I love curling up with a good book while my dog curls up next to me.
10) Do you have a favorite holiday treat or drink?
I enjoy a good hot toddy (although I don’t know if that is a ‘holiday’ drink)
11) Heels or flats?
Both – it depends on the outfit.
Rule 3: Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- What do you prefer: dogs or cats?
- What do you love the most about your job?
- If you weren’t in your current career, what job would you want?
- If you could have one wish granted, what would it be?
- Have you ever done karaoke? If no, would you ever?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite website?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite part of blogging?
Rule 4: Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
Rule 5: You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
- Mrs. Orman’s Classroom
- Kindergarten Squared
- Terry’s Teaching Tidbits
- The Crazy Pre-K Classroom
- It’s About Time Teachers
- I Dream of First Grade
- Devoted to Vocabulary Development
- Caught in the Middle
- Middle Grades Maven
- Teacher Talk
- Lessons From the Middle
A big thank you again to Jayme at Trendy in Third.